Wednesday 25 March 2015

Evaluation - Question Three

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Over the course of the production of my three tasks, I used a lot of audience feedback to help improve my film as a whole. I created a questionnaire at the start of the course based around peoples interests for short films and if they prefer trailers or short films. From this feedback I learnt that the majority of people would rather watch a short film rather than a trailer, as a result of this I decided to make a short film. I made this decision as I believe it a short film would appeal to more people and would be a lot more enjoyable to make. Within this questionnaire I also questioned what genre short film I would make, from this feedback I got an even split between horror and action. I resulted in making an action/thriller film as I think the conventions of action/thriller are a lot more enjoyable to work with, also with action/thriller I am able to put my own stance on my short film.

Whilst I was creating my film, I was regularly asking people to come and watch it and give me constructive feedback. As a weekly thing, I believe this helped my film as a whole as I have the views of many different people about my film. With their constructive criticism I was able to make the changes which I needed to make. Without this audience feedback, I personally do not believe that my film would have turned out how it did. I decided to get multiple people to watch my film, once or twice a week, I chose this method as weekly I was changing my film, whether it was editing, sound, narrative and so on. I was also keen to the get the views of media students and also non media students as this way I was getting two completely different views, as media students would analyse a short film completely different to a non media student. By having this choice, I was able to change and cater for all types of viewers, which I think made my film more success.

Another question I asked was 'what do you think makes a successful short film?' by asking this question I was able to get the views of what people think would make a successful film and add this concepts into my short film. However, with this audience feedback I took everything into consideration however I didn't utilise what some of the candidates said as I believe it is key to put my own stance on the film, without using the views of everyone who took part in the questionnaire. Overall, I believe that the audience feedback helped me a lot with creating my film as I was able to cater for the majority, by including what they said in my film.


No comments:

Post a Comment