Wednesday 25 March 2015

Evaluation - Question Two

How effective is the combination of your main products and ancillary texts?

On the whole, I believe that my main product (short film) and my ancillary texts (magazine article and film poster) combined together very effectively. One of the main reasons I believe the combination was a success was due to the house style of my three tasks. As you can see from the two images below, of my article and film poster, I used the same colour pallet and fonts throughout. I used the red and black font as it is symbolic of the cards used in poker.


The fonts I have used in both my article and poster are very similar, I made the decision to use the same font as I believe it is important to keep a theme to my tasks, and one way I can achieve this is through keeping the same font. From keeping the same font, it is clear that the two tasks are combined and work well together as a combination. Furthermore, in my film I have multiple scenes which have a black background with red font on, for example 'The Game Has Begun' the red and black is following the same house style of my article and magazine and this highlights how the tasks go together and work well.





In both my magazine article and my film poster I used the image of the suits of cards, the fact I used the image on both pieces highlights how the two pieces are from and representing the same film. Also, the use of this image is symbolic of the fact that my film is based around a poker game, where suits of cards are a key concept. They are also clearly present in my film as the main part of my film is based around the game itself, where cards are clearly present.








No comments:

Post a Comment